Evening Program | September 2012
Date: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 (Cancelled due to severe weather forecasted for the Washington DC metropolitan area)
Silver Spring Civic Building
One Veterans Place
Silver Spring, MD 20910
(corner of Ellsworth Drive and Fenton Street)
- 6:15-6:45 PM | Networking & Light Appetizers
- 6:45-8:45 PM | Evening Program
Presenter: Laura Gramling
Program Description: Interactive & Engaging: Making every meeting, conference call and webinar count!
As pressures mount to develop great solutions to complex issues, OD consultants are called upon to facilitate vital conversations and overarching transformation initiatives. And often they are given the task to do so as quickly and cost-effectively as possible. In this session, we will focus on how to elevate any group interaction to maximize input, knowledge sharing & ownership of the issue and the solutions. The session will connect OD theory to practice and demystify the use of technology in supporting your meeting outcomes.
- 1. Connecting OD theories on group dynamics and neuroscience to the development of high-engagement meetings
- 2. Taking meetings to scale from 10s to 100s to 1,000s of participants and still ensuring robust, high-interactivity, ownership and commitment to meeting outcomes
- 3. Incorporating technology (social media, cell phones, iPads, laptops) to create rapid rounds of feedback and learning; how technology can be used beyond being a “cool gadget” into making a difference in the meeting outcomes
About the Presenter
Laura Gramling joined the CoVision team in 2010 with over 10 years experience as a highly effective organization development consultant. Laura specializes in multi-stakeholder engagements, strategic planning processes, large-group facilitation & design and leadership coaching & development.
Laura holds a Masters in Organization Development from American University. She is a Past President for the Chesapeake Bay OD Network, a member of the National OD Network, the Corresponding Secretary for the Convention Center Community Association and is the Board President of a community non-profit, Shaw Together.
Register online, or to pay by check, download a registration form and mail to CBODN, 1325 G St. NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005.
*Note: Registration is limited.
||Before Sep 18
||At the Door
For registration questions, please contact CBODN Support.
For more information on the program, please contact the program chair Diane Mazzoli.
Cancellation Policy: Cancel by September 14, 2012 to receive a full refund of registration fee. Sorry, no refund can be given after that date due to commitment to caterer and facility.